Friday, October 5, 2012

Thoughts on a Friday

I used to eat Nutella by the jar, but no longer. 


-How I've missed doing this.
-Doing Thoughts on a Sunday doesn't have the same affect as Thoughts on a Friday.
-I have school work to do today, but that makes me all the more want to do Friday's thoughts.
-So I shall.
-At the moment, I'm being journalistic and trying to work out the beginnings a soft-lead story.
-So far, so good.
-I hope I do okay on it, because my news reporting prof is tough as nails.
-He tends to rip his students to shreds, I guess as a way to buffer us for "the real world".
-Ok, I'm sure the real world is in fact tough, but not everywhere, depending on where you work.
-For my last pretend news assignment, he wrote on my paper that my opening sentence was "kind of lame."
-Wow, I've never had that happen before.
-I'm not so much offended by it as I'm mildly surprised.
-Is that what they do in the real world of journalism?
-But I'm only in college.
-Okay, perhaps it was a little weak, but not lame.
-And maybe I am a tad offended by that.
-Ok, maybe it was.
-He is, however, a pro at grammar, and definitely knows what the hell he's doing.
-After all, he's apparently been in the field for about 30+ years.
-He gets frustrated easily when he sees something that have unnecessary words like "entirely destroyed." Nope, that would be just destroyed by itself.
-If he were to check this blog out, he would probably want to crumple it up into cyber space because nothing here is CP Style (Canadian Press) and/or grammatically incorrect.
-I've used he quite a lot.
-Before I take up half this space rattling on about my prof, let's move on to something completely different, shall we?
-And it's not going to be about the news.
-Maybe one day, but not today.
-Unless it's about Rob Ford, whom I enjoy ripping.
-Or would that be considered libellous?
-This vid was just begging to be found.
-All the more reason for me to get a cat one day.
-Snow? In Manitoba?
-Oh my.
-It's supposed to be cooler here in Ontario, but with no snow accompanying.
-Pumpkins.
-My goal is to make a pumpkin loaf this season.
-Going to Graceland.
-My article is going no where, and my computer's running out of power.
-Goes to show where my priorities are, eh?
-Turkey time!
-My thought priorities: food, and food.
-Oh, and study.
-Thanksgiving this weekend, whooo.
-And we actually have company this year!
-As for previous years, I was in school.
-You know, it's the 50th anniversary of Dr. No? And if the opening doesn't interest you, this might.
-Ta ta!
As of a few years ago, I associate the fall season/Thanksgiving with this particular piece. 

From here and here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...