Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back to the work grind


Tumblr_ldmrbpuvi51qf7ikto1_400_large
Painfully adorable. From this spot on wehearit

Ahh, the holidays were too short, as always. However, they were also a wonderful time where I could go home, take a breather from the school work, and eat lots (mostly cookies, which I do not regret at all). But now here I am! Back for my final final semester of university. !!! My future is looming! Thankfully (and this would be the only reason to be thankful), I've got school work to keep my occupied for the next few months. After that, let the job hunting commence. Right now school work consists of mostly reading to do, which I don't mind at this point. Currently on the assigned reading list? Robinson Crusoe and Tom Jones, both very good 18th century novels in you like a good adventure read.

3432650456_a3fe9735f7_z_large
Have never been here before, but looking at this image reminds me of summer. From here.

In other recent news, I saw Black Swan!! It's terrifyingly beautiful movie. After a search through weheartit I came across some very lovely pics.
Tumblr_lea10xgzg41qzk70ho1_500_large


Tumblr_ldyvl8rpz31qd646ho1_500_large
Same with this.



Tumblr_ldpw7lrtrp1qaod4yo1_500_large
And this.

006_600_large
And this one, because I couldn't resist.

Tumblr_lduwuznuxk1qctiwuo1_500_large
From here.

Today was definitely the kind of day for hot chocolate; a snow storm blew into the Maritimes! I Classes were canceled this afternoon, but I didn't have any to go to. I was happy to stay at home. Will there be class tomorrow morning? Hard to say at this point.

This is the snowfall we had previously on Sunday.

Oh, and experimented with another cookie recipe, which I will share soon. Getting tired of cookie recipes here, yet? Fear not, I hope to expand outside the cookie field and into teabiscuitry (though not exactly a word). Or better yet--cake balls, om nom nomz.

Have you heard about Vivian Maier? She was a street photographer in the 1950s and 60s. She passed away last year, but recently hundreds of her pictures have been recovered from storage, and they can be considered nothing short of fantastic.


These are just a few, but you can see more at at John Beloof's blog Vivian Maier--her Discovered Work. Check it out! Her photography is amazing.

And to conclude, I leave you with an image of a dough baby; last Friday my housemates and I made pizza, but the dough didn't turn out so great, so we used the left overs to make this lovely, although perhaps creepy creation.

Have a good rest of week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...