Monday, January 3, 2011

Turning over a new leaf

Tumblr_lea17ctbjf1qcxd5bo1_400_large
Puppy! From weheartit

Happy New Year, all! Was 2010 good to you? I hope so. If not, ready to start afresh?? 2010 was fairly good to me which came with many firsts, but of course it had its lows at times. Needless to say, I am ready to kick off 2011 with a list of goals I could certainly work on, and try to keep to.

-Take a picture of something every day. Even if it's nothing important.
-Get to bed early. As in, 12.00 early! Or earlier, if possible.
-Speak out more often in class.
-Bake bread at some point.
-Work towards getting my G-1.
-Maintain a good sense of humour when things get low.
-Remember reasons why I'm awesome. Not to sound boastful or anything, but a little self-encouragement is always nice.
-Practice the guitar more.
-Go to the ballet.
-Find a permanent job for next year.
-Wear more dresses/skirts.

Just some of the many goals I have for this year. But I was doing some blog-surfing and I came across Erin who had non-goals, meaning habits she was doing during the year that she loved and wanted to continue with--take for instance, drinking water frequently. Here are mine:
Tumblr_ldp45aujpn1qcz89co1_500_large
From here

-To continue my ballet dancing. I've been dancing for so long, I can't imagine just stopping for good!
-Lying in bed at night, and thinking about what I'm grateful for. I've been doing it for about a year now, and it certainly makes me more content with myself and where I'm currently at.
-To continue to push for what I really want to do with my life! Right now, I'm certain I want to go into studying theatre (which I am currently enjoying), and possibly teaching it later on.
-My curly hair! Although I love it when straight, I love it even more in its curly glory. Even on those humid and rainy days.
-Learning from my flaws, and working on them!
-Speaking in foreign accents. Not in public of course, but to myself and friends, because it's fun and I love how it sounds. And it's part of my zany personality, along with my impressions of various characters.

If you have any non-goals, think about them and keep them up! You'll discover your best through them, as I have found out (and yet already knew--ha!).

Tumblr_lbqbfgh7kx1qagpxbo1_500_large
*Zoom* Weeee! From here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...