Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mid-Christmas Thoughts









-Animals singing "Jingle Bells", and "Deck the Halls". Corny? Maybe, but ever so enjoyable to watch.
-It's going to be a quiet Christmas this year. I'm looking forward to this.
-Hope everyone liked my gifts.
-Red velvet cheese cake. Yum.
-Turkey!
-Still remembering my best present ever from Santa. Also seen in last year's post.
-Some tea would be nice right now.
-I need more moisturizer for my hands; the weather is making them pitifully dry.
-I was gearing up for the Doctor Who Christmas special tonight, only to find out it is on Sunday night. Alas. I envy those of you in the UK.
-Easy A is a funny movie.
-What am I going to do with my life?
-Blah blah blah.
-Thought I'd get through painting my nails perfectly. But no.
-Hello curly hair. It's been a while.
-Haven't seen A Christmas Story yet this year on tv. What is this??? "A center for ants??!"
-If I could be a part of The Nutcracker ballet, I think I would be a snowflake. Even if I can't really choose myself
-After today, no more Christmas songs on the radio. Sadness.
-How truly lucky I am to be where I am today! Really, though, I feel pretty thankful for all I have and the peeps that surround me.
-Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around. Love Actually




Have a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Betsey said...

lovely post! i love love that quote from Love Actually. And i think the snowflakes are my favorites in the Nutcracker as well! :) Hope your Christmas was lovely & Happy New Year too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...