Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'll have some of that chocolate now, please.

Pretty-little-jars_large

I love you more than applesauce,

Tumblr_lyqk1gsvhh1r1j3kco1_500_large
Than peaches and a plum,
Than chocolate hearts,

Rich-chocolate-ganache-sweet-cherry-toasted-hazelnut-tart_large
And cherry tarts,
And berry bubble-gum.
I love you more than lemonade,

Tumblr_lxp3nabpnv1qfpi5zo1_500_large
And seven-layer cake,


Than lollipops,
And candy drops,

Tumblr_lrijaabdu91qgltz8o1_400_large
And thick vanilla shake.
I love you more than marzipan,
Than marmalade on toast;
For I love pies Of any size,
But I love YOU the most.
By Jack Prelutsky


I first came across this poem in the third grade. Our teacher split us into groups, and made us read it out to each other from opposite sides of the classroom, professing our love in the most over-dramatized way. (Another year I did 'Rat for Lunch', but that's a different story.) Ahh, good times!


For some reason as of late, when I think of V-day I think of Mad Men. Now I know why. (And huzzah, it's returning in March!) ps: I'm also waiting on this to happen. Oh, yes I am.


Here's an interesting article about those shmaltzy romantic comedies of our age. 


D'aww. 


Glorious ganache. 


And a few lasting reminders...





Oh, what the heck. I may as well sap things up!










From here, here, here, here, here, aaaaand here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...