Friday, July 27, 2012

Thoughts on an Olympic Fever Friday



-Hurray!
-For the longest time I've wondered how London will pull these opening ceremonies off.
-Now we're going to find out.
-I wonder if David Tennant will end up carrying the torch to its cauldron.
-Doctor Who madness if it happens.
-No one will know who this guy is, but we Whovian fans will.
-I feel unusually giddy for these opening ceremonies.
-Gosh, I can only barely remember the opening ceremonies for the Beijing
Games.
-Though I do remember that little kid singing, although it turns out that she was being dubbed by another little girl, who only didn't look as cute.
-I think I may have been house-sitting at the time.
-I think I'm going to find myself watching Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? Eventually.
-Somehow, it just works out like that for me.
-If I see enough of it through clips or hear about it, chances are I'm going to be watching it.
-Power of suggestion?
-I saw the ending of it years ago, but I didn't know what the movie was at the time.
-I've seen clips of it since then, and it's creepy.
-Speaking of Bette Davis, here here.
-What a well spoken woman.
-Do you ever see interviews like that on tv today?
-Nobody has that depth anymore, or anything actually worthwhile to say.
-Ms. Davis, on the other hand, knew what she was talking about, and told it like it was.
-Maybe it was because of where she was at that point of her life, but still, I admire her.
-And maybe I'm just being prudish, but a lot of the tv hosts are pretty vulgar in their manner.
-And maybe some of their guests, too.
-Ok, that definitely sounded prudish, but that's how I see it.
-Nobody knows how to do interviews anymore.
-Olympics have started!!! Yipes!!
-I really, really, reaaally wish I were in London right now.
-Why haven't I visited yet???
-So very envious right now.


Enjoy the games!

And more Bette Davis, because she is a wonder.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...