Friday, September 28, 2012

Ten things I've been loving this September


Ahh, yay, the fall season is here again! I'm a bit late in doing this (explanations down below), but I'm going to try hard to keep posts going on here, and to get 10 things I'm loving every month.


1. Being back to school.
And I thought I was pretty much done with it. At the beginning of the month (merely a few weeks ago, which is hard to believe), I got accepted into a journalism program at a local college. It was a flurry of activity at the beginning, it is a flurry of activity at the moment, and it will continue right through til I'm finished in two years. I'm doing photography, news writing, article designing... Ay carumba! But overall, I'm liking it, and it's nice to get back into a routine again. (The only thing I'm not liking is having to get up at 6.00 to get to class at 8.30 twice a week. Oh, and trying to figure out the layout pages for design. It's a bit tricky to explain, but my inner math wiz tends to rear its ugly head.) 

2. Cooler weather.
So long, hot humid, frizz-inducing warm air! I'd choose frigid temperatures any day. (Well, almost.)


3. The return of pumpkin/spice beverages/foods. Things on my list to try this fall? pumpkin bread, and one of those pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. (How have I not tried one from there yet??)


4. Boots. I've been looking for a good pair since last fall, and the hunt is still on.


5. The start up of the new Doctor Who series!!! Which, unfortunately, is supposed to be ending this Saturday. *Sob* But as for the old clip above, I love this moment from the 2nd Doctor.

6. Silent movies. Some can't stand them, but me...


7. Elementary. Ok, sure there's still the BBC's Sherlock. But I can't resist this one. Jonny Lee Miller has won me over.

8. Sleep. Having to get up at 6:00 twice a week, I need it.



9. Another thing I should probably be shunned for, but I care not. (The '20s have arrived!)


10. My birthday. Yep, it came and went as of this past Wednesday. Yay for cake.

(Wheeheee, I'm twenty threee!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...