Monday, May 4, 2009

What Freaked my Freak this week (in a good way)


 Just last weekend, my parents and I drove down to Kitchener (ON) the visit my Grandmother for an early Mother's Day visit and take her out to lunch. We ate at this snazzy restaurant called Wildcraft, and oooohhh myyy goodness, it was wonderful! I unfortunately forgot to take my camera with me, so you'll have to rely on your imaginations for this one. They serve the most phenomenal casear salads ever; the best I've had so far in  a restaurant. I liked that the dressing was really light, and not overpowering, and the bits of parmesan cheese in it. And there were capers, which I have never tried before, but they turned out to be very good in the salad. For the main course, I had the "fish and frites", which I enjoyed. The presentation was impressive: three skewered fish sticks in a tempura batter, coming with tartar sauce, a lemon wedge and coleslaw in separate sections on the plate; a bowl of fries came on the side, but I found they were a bit too much (though they were delicious!). Now, the dessert knocked my socks off: we ordered a dessert plate to go around, consisting of a pastry cheese cake, a chocolate peanut butter cake, and a cappuccino flavoured creme brûlée. I had the latter dessert, while my parents and Grandmother had the rest; words can't even begin to describe how phenomenal it was!!!!! I was so sad I wasn't able to eat all of it because I was so full. It wasn't your average creme brûlée at all; it wasn't exactly custardy, but more of a blancmange texture. It was definitely my fav part of the meal. My Grandma seemed to really like this place too. If you ever happen to be in this area, I highly recommend this restaurant! 
Alrighty, having already gushed over that, time to gush over another favourite topic of mine... LOST!!!!


Is there
anyone left out there who still is as faithfully devoted to it as I still am?? One by one, all my friends who were watching it have given up, and all I can do is shake my head. Kind of sad for me, because I have no one to share my awe and dumbfoundedness with! (For instance, wtf is up with Richard who doesn't seem to age?) Either way, I'm super pumped for next week's season finale; if there are still Losties out there, I'll be with you at the couch with the popcorn and m&ms!


Oh, and on a final note, this is supposed to be the end result of a cake recipe that can be cooked in the microwave. That's right. It's an easy recipe to make, but apparently I over baked it (ho-hum). I got the recipe from my aunt:

4 tablespoons  flour 
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons  cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons  milk
3 tablespoons oil 
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (Micro Safe)
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.  Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT!  (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

If you make this one day, let me know how it turns out!  Have fun....

  

       

1 comment:

Betsey said...

ooh my gosh LOST is my favorite! ahhh!
did you catch the finale? SO GOOD. and so weird...and confusing!
haha i don't know what is up with Richard...but he's one of my favorite characters nonetheless. the series has changed soo much since season1- im rewatching all the seasons now and its so interesting to go back and look for things i may have missed. im wondering if Jacob was supposed to be bad, or if he was always good. I used to think he was bad, but now i think he was probably good- in the finale he seemed like a good person- going to check up on everyone...but its so strange becuase it seems like he chose them specifically to come to the island. im really excited for next season! sorry for this long comment! i just love Lost and needed to rant! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...