Monday, June 15, 2009

Back from across the pond


After a tedious and tiring eight hour flight, I returned home last night. I missed my dogs and my bed, but I was sorry to leave Italy, for I had a grrreat time all last week! Was with my parents, which was great, depending on the day and my mood (kidding, they were awesome the entire trip). Starting off in Rome, we walked alllll over, seeing everything from the Coliseum, to the Forum, to Vatican City. Somebody once said that Rome was basically an outdoor museum; how true that is. We went to Venice for two days, and it was beautiful! It has got to be one of the loveliest cities out there. If you go to Italy, Venice is a must! After Venice, we went to Florence where we met up with my sister and her bf; had a fun time there too! The food, of course, was amazing: ate lots of thin crust pizza, pasta and gelato. And of course cappuccinos. I said macchiatos in an earlier post, but cappuccinos are much nicer. Unfortunately there was little time to shop because of all the sightseeing, so I wasn't able to pick up nice clothing from big name places. Boo. I did pick up two Vogue Italia magazines, which sort of made up for that. The weather over there was fantastic; sunny and warm! Alrighty, without further ado, here are some my favourite pics that I took.








































Now it's back to the real world.... Darn.

~M.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...