Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Holy Moses it's cold!


Now I've commented about the cold weather here before, but this is cold. I had soup for lunch and I'm still cold.
And the wind chill factor certainly doesn't help! I have come to the conclusion that the only thing better than a cup (or more) of tea on a cold day is a cup of cocoa. Although I do love a good (real!) hot chocolate every once in a while, I'm a bigger fan of hot cocoa. I particularly like that it's not as heavy and sweet as the former, and that it has that deeper dark chocolatey (sp.?) taste. Plus, it's good for you! Full of antioxidants. I found a recipe for it a couple years ago, but I can't remember where from--it's not really necessary, anyway, it's dead easy:
1 tbsp. cocoa
2 tsp. sugar
A bit of milk

Mix together the cocoa, sugar and milk until well mixed in your mug. Add your hot water and stir well (I have to say I love the foam that collects on top once you start stirring). Then add your desired toppings :)

Also, the measurements of the milk/sugar don't have to be approximate; just go by your taste.

Photo taken by aso2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't live through winter nights (yes, it does get quite cold even here in the deep south) without hot cocoa! I feel so urban and scholoarly when I'm relaxing by the fireplace with a cup :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...