Monday, September 27, 2010

Birthday Weekend: 21


Sooo, it would seem that I've turned the big 2-1 this weekend--what! Hard to believe I've been around for 2.01 solid decades. It has been a crazy year entering my 20s--one step up to being an adult. Me? An adult? An independent, full time working adult?? Well, I haven't reached that last part quite yet, but I will eventually. Right now I'll continue to go to school and writing papers and exams, thanks very much. Which brings me to a subject I find fascinating, and I figured it was relevant enough since I'm 21 now.

Apparently our bodies regenerate every seven years, and biologically, we are new people. I mean new tastes, different feelings, and maybe even new allergies. How weird is that??? I learned of this just last year, but the thought has intrigued me all along. Can things really change inside of you? I guess I have "evolved" considerably since I was 14, in terms of who I want to be. It's been so gradual; but then again, that's what usually happens. Sure, I've gotten more confident over time and I've learned lots of lessons (hopefully!) for the better, but I can't really think of ways in which I have changed considerably. I maybe thinking in terms of identity, but I wouldn't know physically, just yet. Whether it's the continual life experiences that change a person, or something "biological" that occurs every seven years, it's constant, and I guess we are bound to change in one way or another. And in that strange sense, I still find it fascinating!

Ahh well--I spent the day basquing in the birthday glow that happens but once a year, continuing my school readings, took a dance class in the evening, and celebrated by going out for dinner tonight with the housemates. All in all, a pretty good birthday!

Reese's Pieces DQ cake FTW!!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...