Friday, May 13, 2011

Thoughts on a late Friday afternoon

Tumblr_ljjnsjjzmk1qadltho1_500_large
Paul the hipster

-My my, it was a little dull around here for the past 20 hours, no?
-Happy Friday!
-So much for my attempt at a home-made iced coffee drink. Not that it was bad or anything, just not great.
-I'll stick with Tim's or Starbucks; after all, their drinks are special.
-Not to mention they dallop on the whipped cream best!
-Earlier this week, I was staying with my aunt and uncle's kids while they jetted off to Vegas for a few days.
-I don't think I've been asked/forced to tell so many 'funny stories' in my life.
-That was my pre-teen cousin being devious.
-And bored.
-More often than not, I couldn't think of one on the spot when she asked me.
-"Have any funny stories?"
-"Uhh...*pausing to think, but not really*... No".
-Friday the 13th; I think this had something to do blogger's blackout.
-Sneaky, you other-worldly force; very sneaky.
-So far, I've been having an average day.
-Which is good.
-Oooh, thunderstorms this evening!
-I used to hate them when I was a kid.
-I have this foggy memory of being in my crib during a thunderstorm one night and crying my eyes out til my Mom came in.
-I have this other memory of being awake during a storm when I was still young (possibly in my crib?), and putting my pillow over my head and facing the wall.
-Then I remember waking up in the morning to see that it was sunny outside.
-Funny how memory works like that.
-I love getting those days of sun that go on for a number of days until finally broken by a day or so of rain.
-The weekend ahead looks pleasant.
-Rain.
-A dinner out tomorrow night is in the works.
-Finding this clip earlier in the week made me nostalgic.
-Odd time to be thinking about Halloween costumes.
-I have a few ideas in the works, though.
-Still watching the eaglets.
-Can hear them sqeeing for food.
-They're growing up so darn fast! Part of me wishes they could stay young forever, but I'm glad to see them maturing so well.
-And soon enough they'll be flying...

Enjoy the weekend! Eat junk food, watch movies, sleep in. I know I will be!

Tumblr_lkfp3vd5pj1qisyx9o1_500_large
Neeeeerd!

Images from here and here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...