Friday, July 1, 2011

Thoughts on a Canada Day Friday to Carry me into the Loooong Weekend

Tumblr_ln5kfo7oht1qjwr5co1_500_large

-Britain's bebeh, all grown up.
-Oh, Canada. How far you have come from 144-odd years ago.
-Sure, there are a couple things I dislike about you politically speaking, but generally you're incredible for what you are, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
-And yes, I'm speaking to a great inanimate entity.
-What ho, Kate and William are here!
-Somewhere out there in Ottawa, but I feel your presence from where I sit none the less.
-I wish I were in Ottawa right now, though.
-Or wherever they plan to go this weekend.
-Random Canada fact: Lacrosse is our national sport. Not hockey.
-It doesn't feel like it's a Friday.
-And yesterday didn't feel like it was a Thursday.
-I walked around too much yesterday.
-In flats.
-By 6.00, I was ready to collapse.
-Random Canada fact #2: Our national animal is the beaver. I don't think we have a national bird yet.
-If we did, I think it would be the Loon.
-When did Ann Brashares come out with a new Sisterhood book??!!!
-I must get my hands on this immediately.
-Or, as soon as I finish the other books on my list that need reading.
-Eventually I plan to tackle Anna Karenina.
-But likely not for a while.
-Classes start next week--yay or nay??
-Driving.
-More often than not, I have dreams wher I'm driving along somewhere and I'm afraid I won't be able to slow down the car in time before the stop sign.
-But I do!
-Maybe it's a sign that I'll be a fab driver.
-At least until I get past my the crippling fear of not knowing what to do once I'm on the road.
-I love.... Lush. I love Lush.

Happy Canada Day weekend!
Image from here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...