Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thoughts during a September long weekend


Tumblr_lquzh21nej1qb5t88o1_500_large

-A day at the Ex is the best.
-I come home at 9:00 last night with tired legs, tired feet, tired eyes, and yet I am happy.
-I haven't gone in  years, and it has not changed much in glitz, glam or technology. 
-Yet that's what makes it such a familiar and reassuring place to return to at the end of the summer every year.
-I love wandering around the pavilions, watching the rides go and the many, many people that come.
-The food... Oh, the food.
-Even if you're not hungry, the smells of cotton candy or burgers are ridiculously tantalizing.
-I had my first, and probably last, experience of trying deep fried butter.
-That's right, you read that correctly.
-Over all, it was not bad, but not something I would go for again now that I know what it's like.
-I've wanted to try it since they first introduced it two-ish summers ago; thus, if you're going to be at the CNE or whatever fun fair there is, eating unhealthy is the thing to do.
-I just hope I walked off all the calories from it! Ha.
-This year, they introduced deep fried cola syrup.
-Thanks, but no thanks. 
-Speaking of food: I decided if I ever visit New Orleans, this is among the places I will be visiting.
-All in lieu of the show Kid in a Candy Store.
-Which reminded me that I saw Duff Gordon (Ace of Cakes dude) while I was at the Ex! It was unreal.
-I wanted to hear him laugh.
-I saw plenty of piglets when I visited the animal building, and they were absolutely precious... Even when asleep. 
-Speaking of which, awww.
-I think it would be just about this time when I'd be heading back to Halifax to start yet another school year.
-Feels... Odd.
-What an unusual summer it has turned out to be. 
-Does that mean it will be an unusual fall?
-Change is definitely in the air; it's blowing in on the September breeze like Mary Poppins blowing in on the West wind under her umbrella. (Or is it East?)
-"Practically perfect in every way."
-I can't tell what it will be, but it's a-coming.
-And I will sure try to be ready for it when it arrives.

° (by AnnaMoan)

Both images from here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...