Thursday, October 20, 2011

It took me four and a half wild years...

3499386412_aa5348475b_large
From here

But I did it! I graduated from my university as of last weekend. And my my, what an adventure it was. I was handed my long awaited diploma (thankfully without the jaunty tasseled hat), and later on I took a trip to (gasp!) Cape Breton and saw some spectacular fall scenery, which I mentioned last year, as a matter o'fact. Even with the very long drive to and from, it was worth it--though next time doing it in two days instead of one would make better time to see more of it.

Other highlights would have included....
-Visiting my best buddies!
-Attending what can be considered probably the most graphic human sexualities class there will ever be.
-Having a hotel room to myself for a few nights before my parents swooped in.
-Listening to a Dean read for an hour from a long list of tricky names to pronounce, only to take an enormous sigh of relief after taking his seat again.
-Nearly making roadkill of a moose (but didn't, thankfully!).
-Sitting next to a vivacious older lady after the stop-over to Halifax.
-Having an extra seat to myself before that.
-The weather. Always the weather.
-A... McLobster sandwich??

Here are some pics of my trip to the Cabot Trail, and of the Halifax Harbour from the hotel window. (If only I got one of the moose!)



















Will be back tomorrow for your weekly round of Friday thoughts! And more...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...