Monday, January 16, 2012

That Sinking Feeling

Tumblr_lxkaplwtoo1r9jhhko10_r1_1280_large

A few nights ago, I had a Medium-moment. You know, where you wake up with a start? It was one of those dreams where you have different things going on, like in a movie or something, and I was watching this girl who was supposed to be heading somewhere, but ended up lost in the woods. She came across this swampy area, where part of a decomposed body was already submerged in the gross water/mud, (which she, remarkably, did not take notice of).

This girl decides to try cuting through it, but ultimately, she starts to sink into the mud. She's trying her hardest to climb her way back out... Suddenly she's practically up to her chin, she's starting to choke and spit out muddy water and gasping for air, almost submerged... Aaahh!!
I think there was more after that, but I still woke up with a start. 

When I was a kid, I came to the conclusion that whenever I slept facing my bedroom wall, I would have scary dreams. And I was facing my wall.

Fact#1: Dreams often signify the subconscious elements your mind is trying to broadcast to you while you're asleep. Whatever my subconscious is trying to tell me, but it certainly has a funny way of showing it! I feel like it kind of ties in with an underlying fear of getting into something (like quicksand) and not being able to get out. I base this idea from the fact that I watched horrifying movies when I was a kid that featured people sinking into swampy bogs. Nightmare inducing, I tell you.

Fact#2: We only dream of what we know. We dream of these different people we've never seen before... Or have we? Apparently our minds keep track of all the faces we've encountered throughout our lives, and for some odd reason, incorporates them into our dreams. Kind of cool, and kind of weird. I wonder if it works for places? 

I wish I were able to dream lucidly. Oh, the scenerios I would create:

Tumblr_lwvsq26ufg1qdlthio1_500_large
Cake with... Oh let's see...


Tumblr_lmc9njbdur1qj82aqo1_500_large
Willy Wonka. In the garden.


Man%252band%252bwoman%252bfencing%25252c%252bca_%252b1900_large
Who suddenly jumps up, and challenges me to a duel! Which I accept, obviously.

So there we are, standing on the table, dueling it out for a good five minutes, when suddenly, in a burst of 70s technicolour....

Tumblr_lwxr4ktnwl1qcw0hwo1_500_large
Enters Gene Wilder's Wonka. 
He is all ready and set to kick the other Wonka's ass. Challenge accepted again!

Then I decide to call... No, summon Jack Sparrow and the Mad Hatter over to watch. Wonka II turns to him and says in this tone...
1706322_460s_large
To which Jack replies...

The Mad Hatter finds humour in this.

All the while, I sit back eating cake, and watching the action. Yum.

Wonka I and Wonka II continue to duel it out, and immediately Jack gets in on the action. The Mad Hatter grabs two forks and starts jabbing the Wonkas in the rears, laughing maniacally.
Suddenly, Wonka II kicks Wonka I off the table, and screams at him,


And further off, Edward Scissorhands is trimming away the shrubs, hardly paying attention to the action.

Then I press a button on my dress and say, "Beam me up Scotty". And off I fly! Coincidentally passing the TARDIS on my way to Buckingham Palace, where I would be meeting up the Dutchess Kate to go zip-lining... In New Zealand.

And that's just a fragment of how I would control my dreams. Funny where my posts can take me. And my imagination, for that matter.

From here, hereherehere, here, here 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...