Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Career studies

I like thinking about the possibility of different careers I could go into. Some are probably well beyond my reach, (or maybe not) , but I can imagine going into some fields that I like.
So, I listed them here:
 *Mathematician, dentistry or astrophysicist not included.


-Costume designer for movies or plays. If I could draw (or sew, for that matter), I could settle for this kind of work.

-Cake decorator. Or pastry chef.

-An absurdist playwright--like Samuel Beckett.

-Or, an absurdist poet, like Gertrude Stein. That would be fun: heavy are the shoes that wear the feet. Like a table like a hat. Cake is a losing salad. Although, the likelihood of my content being published is not so very likely.

-A film historian; I find all the stuff on old Hollywood so very fascinating. (Fact: in addition to fearing the police, Alfred Hitchcock also had a phobia of eggs)

-A screen writer. Featuring crazy absurdist themes, food, and questions that can only sound as if they came from Lost.



-An author, which is a likely possibility.

-A ballet dancer (if I had the stamina and flexibility). Or dance teacher (like tap!).

ballerina, ballet, beautiful, beauty, black swan, dance

-A magazine writer (another possibility)

-And finally, I think I would be a professor. I had some really inspiring theatre professors throughout university, and if I could chose any kind of teaching career, it would be theatre at university.

And perhaps one day, the unthinkable will happen when I will take a dramatic career change, and take the plunge to one of the options above.

Ta-da!

From here, here, here



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...