Friday, June 15, 2012

Thoughts on Friday

The lovely Ann Rutherford, 1917-2012
-I feel as if I'm melting like a snow cone in Phoenix.
-Have had this song stuck in my head thanks to that Nestle Iced Tea commercial.
-Now I've passed it on to you.
-Enjoy!
-The only thing that compensates for that silly ad is how pleasant Mama Cass' voice is to listen to.
-Good lord, that old bitty probably was a hippy herself back in the day.
-The glorious 1960s.
-The Miracle Worker.
-Have never seen it in its entirety except for the famous water scene (amazing!), but as I watch it now, it's quite intense.
-But now having seen the bit in the dining room, whaaaat.
-Hard to imagine what Helen Keller and Ann Sullivan went through together themselves.
-But as a result there was an amazing accomplishment.
-And bond between them, of course.
-What do you get when you take a raggedy wheaten to the doggy groomer and get him cut?
-A totally different animal in his place.
-Although I'm afraid that he's been more than just cut.
-Shaved, if you will.
-But don't tell my sister that just yet.
-Shhhhhh.
-He still looks sweet, though!
-May post pictures, eventually.
-I feel kind of badly if he feels bare.
-But so far, he seems ok.
-Our two other dogs didn't know what to make of him!
-What confidence he has.
-When I go walking with him, no one will recognize him for the teddy bear he used to be.
-At least he'll be cooler as the days get warmer.
-Brain fart.
-Excuse moi.
-All fair in love and war.
-I want to go swimming.
-Maybe this weekend, when the temp is blazing.
-It's getting betteeeeerrr...
-And when I come out sweating buckets from my ballet class.
-It's getting strooongeeeer!
-Ok, now this is getting a bit much.
-Serious excitement going on tonight!
-Wish I were in Niagara Falls tonight to see it play out.

Thinking about this lately. Great movie!
Pictures from historiful

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...