Thursday, August 23, 2012



Hiddleston said the memorable aspect wasn't the thundering hooves, it was the advice that Spielberg gave him just before the camera captured that key close-up. "He said, 'How old are you, Tom?' I said, 'I'm 29.' He said, 'OK, I want your war face, the face you've been doing all day for all these battle scenes, all the hell fury. You're strong and courageous and you're 29. Then you see the guns and at that moment, I want you to de-age yourself by 20 years. You're a 9-year-old at that moment. I don't want you to do fear, I don't want fear or horror, I just want to strip away the man and see the boy.' It was the clearest and purest notes I had ever been given."

(While watching War Horse, I really didn't want to believe he died in this scene. Trés depressing.)

(Quoted from the Los Angeles Times)

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

That's pretty awesome, I must say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...